Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day/Father's Day for Jon and I, but despite the cards and gifts (Jon got jipped - more on that below) it still felt an awful lot like Rylee's Day in that we let her pick what she wanted to do to celebrate.

Her choice: making sand castles at the beach.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

(Sorry for the fuzzy cell phone pic, but I was too lazy to bring the real camera.)

Rylee seemed to thoroughly enjoy herself even though she kept running from the sand to the surf to the sand and then back to the surf. She couldn't quite make up her mind what she wanted to do. She demanded Jon and I keep going back and forth with her so it was a little too ADD for us. :)

After an hour or so she declared it was time to go home since she was "a little bit tired." She didn't sleep in the car, but she didn't make a peep either. It turns out she was mostly a little bit hungry. Jon made us all brunch when we got home and Rylee ate one and a half waffles with "sursup" and two slices of bacon. She took a nice nap that afternoon too... while I lounged by the pool and read magazines.

As for gifts, Rylee and I got Jon a new coffee pot, whereas Rylee, Jon and Rio got me a very expensive zoom lens for my camera. Rio must be a big spender. I'll have to get her input on Jon's gift next year!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I know, where do these kids and dogs find their spending money? I'd like to find their stash!

Glad you and Jon both got to enjoy your Mother/Father's day.