Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Telling People

Then came the hard part of not telling anyone the news. This is also not my strong suit. We did manage to get through the birthday party and not look too guilty when our friends asked when we were having baby #2. I blabbed the news to our waiter at dinner on our anniversary. I find telling strangers helps me keep the secret with friends and family.

And then we made the mistake of starting to talk about babies in front of Rylee. It had all happened so quickly that we hadn't really prepared her. I guess talking about babies in the abstract with a 3 year old is more delicate than we realized. She got so excited that soon she was convinced there was a baby in my tummy already (which there was!). We managed to keep it a secret until Rylee went to school and blabbed the news to her teachers and all her friends.

Ah well, we really wanted to tell people too so we started making the calls. And the rest is history as they say...

2 comments:

Jess said...

I can't keep it to myself either, thus, why everyone knew with both our kids when I was about, oh, 6 weeks preggo!

Jenny said...

I found out I was pregnant with Sean right before our meet up with the girls from Scouts. Y'all went around the table asking about plans for #2, but some how I got skipped. I was thrilled....not sure I'd be able to keep a straight face.

The things that kids tell their teachers...