January was only eventful because both kids got Covid. First, Jace got sick. Then a couple of days later Rylee got sick. It was partially over the long weekend so it was weird for Jon and I to be alone in the house... like a glimpse into the future - I can't say that I loved it!
Quarantine really showed the difference in my kid's personalities. Jace was in 7th heaven! He did online school, played video games, and watched You Tube. He didn't need anything except the food we delivered at meal times. When we opened his door 5 days later it looked like what I imagine his college dorm room will be - a lived in disaster!
Rylee, on the other hand, was absolutely dejected. She can't stand being alone! She had to FaceTime people constantly for interaction! She needed crafts, her ukulele, and guitar. Her school also made her stay out 10 days (whereas Jace only had to stay home 5) so it was extremely hard with all her classes. That one experience made her (and consequently the rest of us) decide to stay masked up all year. She didn't want to get sick again and have to miss school or her end of year tests.
Here are the other notable things from January:
Mason (and doggie Stella) stayed overnight.
Jace and Mason are two peas from the same pod.
Here they were working on a puzzle book together.
Jace's 3D model for his space project:
Jon gets some credit too.
It helps to have a model maker father to
help create scale parts!
The other thing I might not have mentioned is that my family has really gotten into riding bikes over the last year. We started riding pretty much every Sunday morning. There's a couple of different routes we can take from our house that end up in a nice linear park so depending on the route we can go anywhere from 3-6 miles. In the beginning of the year, Rylee was riding an old bike, I was riding a bike that we had picked up when the neighbors were throwing it out, and Jace was riding a hand-me-down of Rylee's which was purple. Lol!
After Christmas, Rylee and I decided we needed new bikes. Rylee had saved up some money so she paid for hers. It's a beach cruiser and she gets compliments on it all the time.
I got mine as an early birthday present.
We made Jace wait to get a new one for his birthday
so I guess you'll see that photo in May. :)
Like I mentioned before, Rylee is amazing at crochet.
I can't show you all her projects, but this
Hermione doll was too cute.
She also made these earrings for mismatch day.
(The Ovarian cancer ribbons she made as gifts for Laurie and Maddie too.)
She also made this cute earmuff headband
which she actually got to wear on a cold day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment