Friday, April 11, 2008

Mood Swings

I might be more hormonal than I think...

Today, I was elated it was Friday.
Then after a comment from a particularly infuriating parent, I was down right cranky.
My bad mood couldn't last long, however, as I enjoyed my relaxing stress-free day with the kids (my behavioral challenge was absent - that never happens - it had to be appreciated!).
After work, I began to fret about finances and started to cry.
Then, I was determined to figure out our budget.
When Jon came home, we had one of those "fun" financial discussions and I decided I hated him. (Okay, hate is a strong word, but he did annoy me!)
Now, I'm... I'm not sure. Resigned, blissfully-ignorant, in denial?

Who knows? But that's a heck of a lot of emotions to go through in one 12 hour period. I think I'll go play with my ice maker some (ice cubes make me happy!) to see if I can't cement my cheerfulness for the rest of the evening.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Wow, yes, I think you classify for hormonal! Playing with your ice maker will hopefully also make you less annoyed with Jon since he fixed it for you. I hope your evening is relaxing and as non-hormonal as possible!

Jess said...

Well, it's understandable if your hormonal -- because, well, your body has a shizload of hormones jumpin' around right now.

And all couples fight, especially over budgets.

And nice call with Ellen Page should play me in the movie version of my life. She's the perfect match! Perhaps your true career calling is "casting director"!