I'm still miserable, so I'm posting some pics and then heading to bed. Dr. Moran got me in today and said I needed some meds, but I haven't started taking them yet. They're only a category B on the safe fetus site which means they are safe in pregnant animals but haven't been significantly tested in pregnant humans. I would prefer if they were a category A. I'm planning on calling my ob tomorrow, but based on Erin's experiences I won't expect a call back until after my delivery. Any of you medical people want to weigh in with your thoughts on Omnicef?
On to the pics...
3 comments:
Chair looks good!
I have no idea about the drugs, but if the doctor prescribed them, and he knows you're pregnant I would guess they're safe. However, probably smart to consult the ob.
I agree with Jess. They are probably safe but check with the evil office. My advice-don't leave a message no matter what. Just keep calling back until they connect you to a live person. It took me 3 tries when I needed to go in last week but it is worth the sanity of speaking to someone and not waiting. Hope you feel better.
Chair looks nice and comfy.
Hi Shannon, it's Stacy, Carol's other bridesmaid. I am now a labor and delivery nurse. Congrats on the little one.
Category B means studied on animals with no risk, but no human trials or some risk in animals but no problems when studied in humans. We give Penicillin G in multiple doses to women that are GBS + at delivery with no problem. (Penicilin in also a category B.) If you are allergic to Pen, they usually give you a cephalosporin like omnicef. My resource says that there is no evidence that it crosses the placenta. It also only has a half life of 4 hours, so it won't be in your system long.
Always check with your OB. You might also call the nurses line at the hospital you plan on delivering at.
Post a Comment