Years ago, when my Mom was just a little girl, she spent the day with her grandfather. It was an adventurous day of firsts. When my Grandmother came to pick her up, my Mom said: "I chewed snus, drank whiskey and cut off my finger." Of course, my Grandmother almost had heart failure - though I'm not sure what she was most concerned about in that list!
The finger, although wrapped in a huge amount of bandage, was just a little cut. My Mom had, in fact, tried a little snus. My Great-Grandfather gave her the tiniest pinch just to show her how awful it was. The whiskey she drank by accident when she grabbed the closest thing on the table to wash away the horrible taste of the tobacco!
You might be wondering why I'm telling you this story. Well, you need to know it to understand the pictures below. :)
Rylee cut her finger today. (...on an M&M candy of all things. That chocolate shell that makes them "melt in your mouth and not in your hands" is apparently quite sharp when smashed between ones fingers.) Here she is with her Flinstone's band aid.
And to recreate my Mom's day, here she is with her "whiskey." If only I'd had some chewing tobacco... :)

4 comments:
LOL! She does have a devilish look in her eye today! I wonder, will this will be her last Wikky?
She might make it into the Guiness Book of world records for the first person to cut your hand on an M&M!
On an M&M? My, that almost involves some level of skill!
I see we are all amazed by the M&M incident. It makes me want to pinch one and see what happens.
Are the pictures taken with the new camera?
Sadly no. I do have a couple of shots on the new camera, but haven't figured out the downloading, editing and publishing aspect yet. I'll alert you all to the first "good camera" pic when I get one on the blog. :)
Post a Comment