Monday, May 3, 2010

Updates

Here's what you've missed the last couple of days:

- What's the last thing you want to deal with when you have a child with a fever? How about your A/C freezing up? Pretty high up on the list when it's a bazillion degrees outside. Argh! Luckily, we shut the house up, pulled all the blinds and have managed to limp it along. If we don't get it fixed soon though, I'm guessing a temporary move to Mom's place might be in order...

- Not a big deal, but just to add a little more fun to my life, my bathroom is also infested with those little water ants. Yeah me!

- Rylee is OVER being sick. Yesterday she was the stinker of all stinkers (lets just say Jon was giddy to be going to work today and Rio was wishing she could have gone somewhere too). :)

- The good news is she's feeling somewhat better today. Her fever is officially gone and she's off her chewables.

- She's tolerating the antibiotic though she cries and hugs me sooo tight when we tell her it's time to take her meds. Then she weakly claps when she's done and gets a "candy treat" (Gerber gummies). She kind of resents Jon since he is the medicine shooter. (I opted for holder - it's a 2 person process!) Luckily she forgets about it in 5 minutes.

- My new DSLR camera came today... along with accessories, gadgets, software, manuals... I am terrified. I think I'm too stressed to deal with learning about it right now, but soon I'll have some nice new photos for the blog... once I figure out how to turn the thing on!

3 comments:

Rachel O'Donnell said...

Feel better soon Rylee! I can't wait to see some smiley pictures of her with your new camera - sounds like fun.

Jess said...

Jerry knows how to use an SLR; maybe he can help you learn it!

Jenny said...

I hope she is feeling better!

And I am so excited for you with the camera! That is on my wish list!