Thursday, December 9, 2010

1st (& 2nd) Santa Photo

Jon, Rylee and I made a trip to The Bass Pro Shop last month. It turns out Santa's schedule is pretty open pre-Thanksgiving (the North Pole is a well-oiled machine as they say) so Rylee was able to meet the man in the red suit for the first time (and with no waiting!). She was wearing camo instead of a Christmas dress, but you take what you can get, right?

Rylee was very excited to see Santa... from afar. She screamed bloody murder when the elf suggested she sit on his lap! So the elf quickly suggested that I sit on Santa's lap with Rylee on my lap - clearly not this elf's first time at the photo booth. And so Rylee had her 1st ever picture with Santa. The picture below is not that photo. The first try was not so good. Rylee looked fine, but my eyes were closed and Jon's head was partially cut off.

The elves gave Rylee a candy cane, had me walk backwards to Santa again (part of a sneak attack approach they use), but this time I just sat on Santa's step. I didn't want to be responsible for breaking the jolly old guy's knee right before his busy season! And thus we have Rylee's 2nd ever photo with Mr. Claus. :)

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jess said...

Cute picture. Looks like a high quality Santa!

Ryan said...

At first I thought Santa was going south of the border to hire Mexican elves, but then I realized it was just Jon.