Saturday, December 4, 2010

Roseola Rylee

Rylee's mild fever back on Spa Day turned into two days of 103-104 degree fevers. On Thursday, the rash broke out. I was pretty certain it was Roseola, but we made a quick trip to Dr. S to confirm. (And I do mean quick. I called at 8, got an appointment at 8:50. We were in and out of the office by 9:15. That never happens!)

Rylee is head to toe rash. Literally, the only place she doesn't have the spots are on the bottom of her feet. Thank God I took the Christmas pictures already. :)

Here she is after her bath last night:

 


Getting her "Shrek" on (Jon made me post this - he laughed for about an hour after he captured this):

 


Finally telling Daddy to stop taking pictures when she doesn't look her best!

 
Posted by Picasa


The rash starts in the face and then spreads lower so I'm assuming that's how it disappears too. Her face looks better today in that the spots have all melded together so now she just looks like she has a puffy red sunburn. It's an improvement - take my word for it. :) Hopefully her face will clear up soon. It's cold here next week so the rest of her we can hide under long sleeves and pants! :)

3 comments:

Erin said...

That stinks. Get better in time for the Christmas party next weekend. Miller wants to play with his friends. Oh yeah, that means bring Jon too.

Jess said...

Roseola is common; I had it when I was Rylee's age. Thankfully, aside from the fever, kids don't really feel "sick."

MN Mom said...

Rylee will be mad at you someday for posting those pictures. Is nothing sacred anymore! lol