Today as Rylee and I were driving home from my Mom's a black retread suddenly flew out from underneath the truck in front of me. Half way through the air it turned into a black cat. Seriously... this is how my eyes registered it in like point-something seconds. It's scared the bejeezus out of me. Traffic was heavy so I slammed on the breaks as much as I could, swerved within my lane, and screamed. I didn't feel anything or hear anything so I think I managed to miss the cat. When I glanced in the rearview mirror I thought I saw it flop, run, whatever into the grass.
I was freaking still so my Mom suggested I call the Sunrise Police. Yeah, they don't care unless the animal is dead and blocking the roadway. My Mom was kind enough to do a drive by for me and she didn't see anything in the area so I'm hoping that this black cat still had a few of its nine lives and was able to claw away with only a harrowing story to tell.
Just out of curiosity what do you think the bad luck would be for hitting a black cat? I hear it's not good if they cross your path so I'm thinking flattening one wouldn't be good either...
2 comments:
You need to get more sleep. So was it a cat, or a black retread?
in the world there are many miracles, which are hard to believe. The main thing in this - do not bother about it
Post a Comment