Friday, October 28, 2011

Preggo Problems

It's been an interesting couple of days pregnancy-wise. First, my lab results showed that my TSH levels for my thyroid are really out of whack. Normally it reads under 5, but mine is currently 33! This kind of imbalance causes over-active appetite, weight gain and extreme fatigue. No wonder I've been such a zombie-mommy as of late.

Then last night I had a weird tingly sensation in both arms and legs. Kind of like poor circulation when your leg falls asleep, except it was constant no matter what position I was in (lying down, sitting up etc) and lasted all night and into today. I was a bit panicked last night and did call my ob's emergency line after several hours, but they seemed unconcerned. It was uncomfortable and stressful so I only managed to get three hours of sleep.

My regular doctor rushed me in this morning (he seemed concerned!). When they called me back, the receptionist literally began the conversation with "Shannon, are you dressed?" "Um, yeah." "Sorry, I just meant that Dr. M wants you to come in right away." :) His staff always tells me that I'm his favorite patient and it pays. They are so good to me there. I wish he delivered babies!

Anyway, my blood pressure was fine but I guess this circulation issue is another symptom of the thyroid problem so he ran my labs again. Hopefully I'll know more on Monday. I have felt better all day, but as I type this, I'm starting to go tingly in my feet again. :(

The good news is I had a similar problem with Rylee (though seemingly not as severe) and she turned out all right in the end. So fingers crossed we can get this under control ASAP and the baby will be none the worse for it.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: