Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Freak Out

My chest cold is worsening (can't wait to see Dr. Moran next week - he's the only doctor Jon and I have faith in anymore - if he would just agree to catch the baby I'd never have to go back to my ob's office... but I digress) so tonight I left school on time with hopes of laying on the couch and getting a good night's sleep.

Is that what happened? Of course not!

Instead, I got the call that a Girl Scout event, that we advisors thought was canceled, was in fact on. 65 girls will be showing up THIS SATURDAY expecting a mystery night event that has not even been planned. So we have three days to plan, shop, script, costume, decorate, cater etc. Looks like I have some busy days ahead and will probably not be attending Jessapalooza on Saturday. (Sorry Jess! I swear I am a worshiper of the faith of Jesstianity the other 364 days of the year!)

That means tonight I have to get my lesson plans and other things done that I was planning for this weekend. No couch time for me. Ugh!

4 comments:

Crissy Rae said...

That's a rough one there. Nothing like planning an event with so little time...try not to stress too much.

Sorry to hear the chest cold is getting worse. Hope the doctor can patch you up good!

Jess said...

Stupid Girl Scouts!

My guess about the chest cold is that you have some post nasal drip going on -- yummy, I'm sure. Sucks that you have to wait to get in and see the doctor.

Ryan said...

Don't forget that:
1. You are pregnant.
2. You are sick.

I don't know that planning for three days, then babysitting 65 prepubescent girls will help your immune system.

Then again, hanging out at the beach with a bunch of postpubescent girls AND boys might not be much better.

Carol said...

Yikes! Hopefully a lot of the other scout leaders can shoulder a lot of the issues since you are not feeling well and you have your own students you have to take care of. Hope you are feeling better soon!!!!!

Have you tried a heating pad on your chest - it is calming and helps loosen things up. Peppermint tea helps too - or leom tea with honey.