Sunday, December 6, 2009

Adventures in Babysitting

Last night, Jon and I watched Miller for a few hours. Rylee and Miller had a blast together. It's fun to see them interact now that they are on a more similar developmental level. Rylee shadowed and mimicked Miller's every move.
 


We had a little issue when they both wanted to play with the rocket ship, but luckily we invented the "taking turns pushing" game. One would push the other the length of the living room and back, then they would switch. They must have done this for an hour at least!
 


In the end, Miller even embraced his more feminine side. :)
 


*One funny story: We took the kids for a walk. Jon had Miller's hand and I had Rylee's. We had gone a half a block or so when I looked down and realized Jon had put Rylee's shoes on the wrong feet! I don't know how he didn't notice - the toes were obviously curving the wrong way. Needless to say, we had to do a quick shoe change before continuing... :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Erin said...

I was hoping you would post pictures. Those are great. I am so glad they are starting to play more now that they are closer in development.

BTW, he will make a pretty girl...Jerry better not pick out his halloween costume in the future or we know he will be a princess! I see many "dress-up" play dates ahead that lead to black mail...oh dear!

mom2ET said...

Rylee better get used to shoes on the wrong feet. Kids seem to always put their shoes on the wrong feet.

Jess said...

Great pics! It's cute that they can play more now.

MN Mom said...

My gosh how cute, it looks like they had fun! Now I can see that if Miller gets a sister, she'll be cute!