1) Celebrity Part 1
Being an elementary school teacher affords me automatic celebrity status whenever a child spots me outside of school. (Maybe it's not so much celebrity as surprise? It's as if they now know we exist in the real world.) Today, Jon and I took Rylee to McDonald's for lunch and one of my fourth graders was there with his Dad. He gave me a hug and was quite interested in meeting Rylee (I have her picture up in the library). The funny part was that before we left, he came over and took a picture of Rylee and me with his Nintendo DS... so he could show his friends at school! :)
2) Celebrity Part 2
http://hyattextremechristmas.wordpress.com/
There is a family not far from us that goes above and beyond when it comes to holiday decorating (you can check it out at the address above). Not only do they turn their house and yard into a magical winter wonderland with a gazillion lights and holiday displays, but they sit outside every night offering cookies and punch and chatting with everyone who stops by. This year they even added a blowup projection screen for the yougins to watch their favorite Christmas cartoons! It is spectacular! (There is no fee though they do accept donations, which they collect not for themselves but for the Humane Society.)
Tonight we took Rylee and she loved it. Her favorite part was an animotronic Santa that was dancing under some disco lights. She danced with him and waved at him - so cute. We have to go back another night with our camera. Anyway, while we were there I saw another one of my fourth grade students. Her eyes got wide when she saw me and she said, "Mrs. P is this your house?" "I wish," I laughed (did I forget to mention the place is a mini mansion?). It was too funny!
3) Ruh-Roh!
Rylee is getting more interested in talking every day. She's much more willing to repeat or try new words. Today she said "Rio" for the first time. It sounds like "Ri-ro" which makes it all the "cuter" if you ask me.
4) Raise you're hand if you're sure!
To clarify: the deoderant was not part of a gift set of any kind - just one deoderant wrapped up in pretty paper! I do feel better now that I know all 3 of us female specials teachers got deoderant. I'll have to find out if the one male teacher got some too.
2 comments:
Wow, how exciting to know that I am friends with a celebrity!!!! Whoo hooo!!! :)
College kids don't want to take a picture with me, but they do seem startled to see me outside of the classroom. And I seem to run into them all the time!
Post a Comment