Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Do I Offend?

Today a few of my students were sweet enough to bring me Christmas gifts. The first was a cute coffee mug with hot chocolate, peppermint sticks and candies. The second was a basket with lotion and note pads. Very thoughtful!

The last gift, however, was unlike anything I've ever received before (and I've had a few strange gifts over the years). It was...wait for it... deodorant!

I always smell good so I was a little taken aback. I'm not bragging, it's just a fact. Everyone loves my lotion. Today alone I got two compliments from teachers and a group of fifth grade boys wanted me to sit next to them at the assembly because "I smelled like s'mores." Maybe this family doesn't like the smell of baked goods? Is that even possible? :)

It's certainly a very useful gift - it even promises to "minimize the visual appearance of hair over time" so that's a plus. I'm just not sure how to exactly word that thank you note!

*Another bonus - it doesn't appear to have previously been used!*

Let the teasing commence....

4 comments:

Ryan said...

maybe it wasn't for you, maybe it was for your husbands feet.

MN Mom said...

Maybe a little birdy told them I borrow deoderant when I'm here and it's for me!

Or maybe the mom really loves it and knows you would like it.

Or maybe they have stock in Dove and she is trying to boost it by lots of sales.

Rachel O'Donnell said...

you know that one of these days, you are going to run out of deodorant and that gift is gonna come in handy! hehe. that is hilarious Shannon!!

Jess said...

Was it just a lone stick of deodorant or was it part of some kind of gift basket?