*According to Blogger, this is my 800th post. I'm not sure this is entirely accurate since I occasionally upload photos and/or snippets of posts that I don't ever publish, but hey it's a milestone!
We had such a fun weekend here. Friday, my Dad (Rylee's Papa) arrived. It is so great to have him here for Christmas. It was a actually a little bit stressful when he first arrived. My Mom and I thought her dog, Angel, had eaten a drink umbrella which would have been very, very bad. After $200 in vet xrays, I finally found the umbrella shredded into pieces by my dog, Rio. Dog drama! The good news is, both dogs are fine and only my Dad's pocketbook suffered. :( Anyway, it's a good thing he arrived when he did since MN got hammered with a sizable snowstorm the next day.
Saturday was back to back to Christmas parties. Rylee was invited to the first party at Miller's house. She had a great time. I wish I had pictures to back up this story, but we were halfway there before I realized I forgot my camera at home. Oops. "Silly Mommy" as Rylee would say. The kids all did a little gift exchange and Rylee scored some great presents: a Strawberry Shortcake purse, a My Little Pony, a Slinky, a book and a Play Doh kit where you can make these adorable little cakes and cupcakes. She is loving all her new presents, but the "potato" kit as Rylee mistakenly called it, is definitely a hit. Jon and I are having as much fun as she is playing with it too. :)
Gaga and Papa picked Rylee up after dinner so Jon and I could go to party #2. It was fun to have a few kid-free hours with my teacher friends and their spouses. The only bad thing was was stayed out way too late (after midnight!) which we are just not used to anymore. We were all wiped out today (babysitters included!).
So today was a lazy day, not too much to report. One funny thing: Rylee had been in her crib for 30 minutes or so, but she still hadn't fallen asleep for her nap. She had been jibber jabbering and playing with her dolls so I was just giving her time to see if she would finally settle down. All of a sudden, she says over the monitor: "Mommy, can you hear me? Can you hear me, Mommy?" in this sort of exasperated tone of voice. I couldn't help but laugh and, of course, go get her up. She can be so dramatic sometimes. :)
2 comments:
Blogger only counts posts that have been published in that tally, so I'm sure 800 is accurate.
We had fun at the Froyd party as well. And Norah, especially, had a blast, and she's been loving her baby doll accessories!
A milestone indeed! Love the blog and all the pics of my little Rylee...
Post a Comment