Having both sets of family here is keeping me pretty busy. If you add to that all the sleep I've been trying to catch up on... well I just haven't had much time for blogging. Going back to sleep for a moment (figuratively anyway), last night I went to bed at 10 and got up today at 8. I feel great except for the slight drugged feeling and headachiness. My body is so not used to this much sleep!
Yesterday, we braved the crowds and made a quick stop at the Aventura Mall to exchange some Reindeer plates at Pottery Barn. Though driving in and around the parking lot was taking our life in our hands, inside the mall was not that bad. Best part: I was able to exchange the items I needed and got $30 back (which I plan to use for more books!) since everything was 50% off.
Then we headed to Miami to see Jungle Island (the zoo formerly known as Parrot Jungle). It was the perfect day to walk around outside. The birds were beautiful, plus they also have different kinds of monkeys and tigers. Most notable exhibits: the Crocosaurus (largest Croc in captivity, 20 feet long and 2000 lbs) and the Liger (lion and tiger mix, body of a tiger and head of a lion - it's pretty interesting looking). My favorite exhibits were the monkeys though. I could sit and watch their monkey business for hours.
In the evening, we had a big spaghetti dinner and then watched the movie Stardust. It was interesting. It had a great cast and some fanciful special effects. I would say that I enjoyed it, but it's not going on my favorites list.
I was so tired afterwards, I didn't even read before bed. Guess I'll have to catch up today...
1 comment:
Sounds busy, I'd be tired too!
Post a Comment