Thursday, December 6, 2007

Cleaning Machine

So I finally got bit by the cleaning bug tonight: I vacuumed, cleaned and dusted the kitchen/living room, scrubbed the bathrooms (including the shower), and even made a quick pass in the bedroom. I'm calling the downstairs sufficiently clean. Maybe I'll clean the upstairs this weekend - it's easy to ignore since I can go days without ever walking up there, especially since I went wireless and do all my blogging downstairs!

Besides I can't clean it right now, we have furniture all over the place up there. We're in the process of the "cabin 10 to cabin 4 to cabin 7" right now. (If you've read my blog before you know what that means.) Jon and I bought a flat screen TV for our Christmas gift to each other (though it is back ordered and I'm doubtful that it will be here in time). As a result, we also needed to buy a new entertainment system for our living room. We did, but then what to do with our old one? I love our old one. Jon and I built it when we lived in Houston. It has sentimental value to me so I couldn't part with it. Thus, it's in the process of being relocated to Jon's man room upstairs. His crap is going to Goodwill. :) We will have an extra TV that will need a good home, however, in case any of you locals are interested...

Even though the new TV isn't here, it's still fun to hang out in what feels like my new living room. I'm gonna kick back on the couch and watch a little Grey's Anatomy. And make a reindeer craft, crap, I can't forget to do that! Still, not too shabby for a Thursday evening. :)

3 comments:

Jess said...

Nice job on getting to the cleaning. It can take me hours to do our place, so I can't imagine cleaning all of your house. I would require a maid -- or a house elf who was actually worth her weight. My hosue elf is the laziest creature on this earth.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I would love to have a place so big that there are sections of it that I rarely visit. And you could do all the cleaning in a place like that in one evening? Bravo!

MN Mom said...

Wow what a great day in morning...you got stuff done girl! Also I get first dibs on the reject items!