Sunday, December 23, 2007

Clean Sweep

Today was very un-holiday like. Here are the highlights and "low"lights:

- I got up early and finished my book. I wanted to get it done before tomorrow since I know there is a book under the tree that I'll want to start reading immediately after unwrapping and another book I want releases on Wednesday. (I like to be engrossed in only one storyline at a time.)

- I spent the next several hours cleaning my house while doing seven loads of laundry. The first hour was pleasant. I enjoy the smooth feeling a clean floor has on my bare feet. By the second hour, I was getting bored. By the third hour, I was getting tired and CRANKY. By the fourth hour, I no longer cared and quit shortly thereafter. (Now I can sit back and enjoy my efforts for a day - that's about how long my house will stay dust and dirt free. Cleaning is so futile!)

- It was 2 in the afternoon and I had 1) forgotten to eat breakfast or lunch and 2) lost my will to shower and clean up. What to do? Start a new book perhaps! No, I didn't rummage under the tree and rip into my presents, but I did decide to start another book in the meantime. After all I won't be able to start reading my new book until tomorrow night at the earliest so I might as well entertain myself until then.

- Parents came and brought with them a lovely dinner. Now I'm sitting here blogging with 15 minutes to go to Vikings kickoff and my book calling my name. There's a lot of down time in football, I think I can watch and read at the same time.

Not sure when I'll be able to post over the holidays as we'll be pretty busy. Tomorrow is breakfast and present opening at my parent's house. Then dinner and present opening with my in-laws at our house. Christmas Day is breakfast at Venessa's and then Santa presents! Then I'll be busy reading so who knows when I'll blog. Guess I better wish you all a Merry Christmas now! Here's hoping Santa brings you your desired gift and not a lump of coal!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I am intrigued to know which book is calling your name? I didn't specifically ask for any books this year but when I was shopping I found a lot that I wanted to purchase for myself.

I hear you on the cleaning. It took us two days to defur this place and within 2 hours of finishing it looked like a dandy lion patch blew up in our house.

Jess said...

I know EXACTLY what yo're talking about with the books. I finished one yesterday and started another and I think I ight be able to finish that one today (it's going fast), and then I'll be at zero -- just in time to open one (or more)!
Have a good Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Ah, isn't it wonderful to have time to read! I too know I am getting a book tomorrow, can't wait to see what it is. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!