Based on the amount of the gifts that I received, I was apparently a very nice girl this year (and it was supposed to be a "light" Christmas considering our big gift was our new TV). Here's a brief list of my goodies: great gift cards (3 from Borders, 1 from a day spa, and 1 from a wine tasting bar), cool clothes and a purse from my mom and mom-in-law, more items for my Reindeer plate collection from Pottery Barn, some books and DVDs, show tickets to Cirque du Soleil, a huge check to help pay for our TV and air conditioner (thanks mom and dad!), and lots more "little" gifts that I can't even list them all.
So as you can tell we had a busy day yesterday opening and enjoying all these presents. We were all pooped and wanting sleep, but our neighbors were having a fiesta next door complete with bounce house that was approximately 10 feet from our bedroom sliding glass door. I didn't even attempt to sleep, but rather stayed up late finishing my book so I could start my new one today (The Luxe - kind of Gossip Girl but set in late 1800s). They finally quite playing their music and stopped shouting and laughing around 12:30 without me having to call the cops. :)
Today we had brunch at my neighbor Venessa's. She was like a short order cook she made so much food: pancakes (blueberry and chocolate chip), waffles, bacon, sausage, eggs, muffins, fruit, plus we brought pumpkin bread, egg bake, and champagne for mimosas. Delicious! Then we headed to the ocean for some relaxation (and more reading for me!).
Christmas in Florida!
No comments:
Post a Comment