Wednesday, January 9, 2008

American Gladiators

So the last few nights I've been watching DVR'd episodes of the new American Gladiators. I must admit that the Gladiator names are really what draws me in: Venom, Justice, Wolf, Siren to name a few. (The guy who plays Wolf is so ridiculously cheesy that I have a bit of a crush on him actually.)

I love the crazy competitions they have: beating each other with jousting poles while standing on little pedestals high above a huge water tank; wrestling each other on a tipping platform; running across a bridge while tyring to maneuver around huge balls that pendulum into your path (I'm pretty sure Indiana Jones would kick butt at that one); and the huge obstacle type course at the end. I'm assuming all these events have names, but since I like to fast forward through as much of the boring stuff as possible (including all the motivational and inspirational contestant comments!), I have no idea what they are.

My favorite event is the one where the contests try to load different weapons and then shoot a target above the gladiators head. If they hit the target, the gladiator gets flung back into the air on this pulley-type gadget. Hard to explain if you've never seen it, but it looks wicked awesome! (Speaking of, I think Wicked has a nice ring to it for a gladiator name.) The wicked part of me would like to hook up a couple of my trouble makers to that gadget and fling them across the room and out of my teaching zone! (Can you tell I had a stressful day?)

Well, my Mom just stopped and brought a dessert she literally made up while trying to get rid of things in her pantry so you are spared my continued ranting on the gladiators. The dessert is delicious by the way. Sort of pumpkin spice cake meets better than sex cake. Trust me, you wish you were here! Gotta run...

2 comments:

MN Mom said...

Can't get into the gladiator stuff...sorry. I did watch Gossip Girl last night...love that.

Jess said...

That shooting thing is Jerry's favorite too. I could do without the enthusiasm and "inspirational" comments from the contenders, but otherwise, it is kind of amusing.