Saturday, January 12, 2008

P.F. Cirque

I have just enough time for a quick post between the nice dinner we had at P.F. Chang's and our theater outing to Cirque Jungle Dreams tonight.

Dinner was entertaining. Some random observations:

- P. F. Chang's takes reservations. Who knew? I know no other restaurant around here that takes reservations for parties of two. This means we had to eat at the bar, but it was actually quite nice and as a bonus we got to keep an eye on the Packers game while we ate.

- Is it weird that I loathe the Packers during regular season play, but once the Vikings are out, I switch my allegiance to the them (or the Bears)? I guess I must want some midwest representation.

- Though the sloppy snowy football game was entertaining, Jon and I were mostly absorbed in eavesdropping on the conversation of the bartenders. One guy was desperately trying to hit on the only girl back there and she was showing him no interest and herself was much more flirtatious with the other guys. We felt a little sorry for him. Later though he managed a boob grab and she didn't swat him away so we were perplexed... the joys of people watching.

- We only had three pieces of spicy chicken left and then a lot of Dan Dan noodles. When the barkeep was putting the leftovers in the boxes, one of the pieces of chicken stuck to the plate so he didn't bother putting it in. I could see Jon visibly snarl. (He also didn't add the brown rice, which Jon promptly corrected the minute he walked from our sight.)

We're looking forward to some acrobatic antics at the Cirque so we must be off.
Hope you all enjoyed your Saturday!

2 comments:

MN Mom said...

Hope your night was a special as your day!
Mine was off the charts!

Jess said...

I didn't know PF Chang's took reservations! That could have saved us an hour and a half of waiting on our anniversary. Of course, then I may not have gotten my green Coach purse. I suppose waiting has its perks.