They say the person you ring in the new year with will be the person you're with the whole year through. Do you believe this is true? I'm a little worried, you see, because my first kiss of the new year did not come from my husband. We'd planned it to be together. We were counting down and waiting for that special moment. 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1...and then that sly dog Scooter (Jess and Jerry's beagle) jumped into my lap and french kissed me right at 0. So hopefully that rule doesn't apply to dogs, but either way it appears Scooter and I are taking our relationship to a new level in 2008.
Last night's Froydstravaganza was the perfect way to say goodbye to 2007 and hello to 2008: good food, great friends, sparkling drinks and spectacular fireworks. We're not talking wimpy bottle rockets here, these were the real deal. Even people across the canal were exclaiming how beautiful they were. It was my mom's quest to decide on the prettiest firework so Jerry, our fire master (who loves blowing things up...and bacon), announced each firework to her like it was a vintage wine. You'll be happy to know that she decided she likes the straight up Crackle variety (no snap and pop for her!).
In honor of starting fresh in the new year, we allowed each person the chance to pick one thing they wanted us to retire for the year. Since I'm not allowed to bring them up anymore, I'll just say some people retired stories they don't want to be teased about and others nicknames they don't want to hear again. Our hope is after the year-long moratorium maybe the gang will forget about them entirely and they shall never be mentioned again. I'll let you know what happens in 2009...
As for resolutions, well we all know they are cursed. I know that whatever I say I'm going to do the opposite will happen, so I've decided to rephrase my resolutions this year.
In 2008,
- I will gain 5 pounds
- I will take Rio for less walks
- I will work more on the weekends
Happy New Year!
2 comments:
I sould get Jerry a shirt that says: I love blowing things up. And bacon.
Good times!
Ohh, I like that idea of being able to retire something you don't want people to bring up anymore! That is a good idea! We all have things like that we would like to have forgotten!
As for the kiss - well, it just shows that you are loved by sweet pets as well as your kids in your class, your family, and friends. All is good!
Post a Comment