I've had a great weekend so far and the best part is - it's not over yet! I love these three day weekends! My fun has pretty much revolved around food this weekend, hence the blog title.
Yesterday, I met a couple of my co-workers (along with our moms and 1 daughter) for lunch. Then my mom and I went shopping for the afternoon. In the evening, Jon and I just wanted to relax and watch a movie. None of our Netflix choices appealed to us. (Every once in a while I get a dud bunch of 3. Of course I can only blame myself. What was I thinking getting 3 dramas in a row? One must have a rotation of comedy, action, drama in order to ensure there is a movie for every possible mood, but I digress.) Our Video on Demand wasn't working either. (Another long story involving 7 phone calls to Comcast over the last month, three technician visits, and an as of yet unresolved cable issue!) Luckily, I ran across the street to Venessa's and finagled an invitation for Jon and I to come over and watch Mr. Woodcock (pretty funny) while eating cupcakes (extremely delicious) she had freshly baked.
Today included a dinner and a movie outing with my Mom, Venessa, and a couple of her friends. We saw 27 Dresses (a perfect little romantic comedy) and ate way too much at Cheesecake Factory. Even though I'm still stuffed, the to-go cupcake she gave me last night is calling my name. I think if I change into sweatpants I can stretch my belly just enough to savor its chocolate-pepperminty goodness!
2 comments:
Might I remind you that you have two perfectly acceptable movies to watch, right under your TV. One is The Departed, and the other is Black Snake Moan. Sweet Jesus woman I am about to come over and sit both you and Jon down until you watch them. That is all, GOOD DAY!!
Oh my. Ryan really wants you two to watch those movies. He mentioned it yesterday at dinner too. Best to watch them and not suffer his wrath.
(They're worth a watch too -- especially The Departed: that was easily the best film of last year.)
Post a Comment