Saturday, March 1, 2008

Preggo Pathetico

It's official. I have a cold. I feel okay except for the uncontrollable runny nose. You know the kind that decides to drip without a moments notice. Fan-f@#*ing-tastic! Just what every already-pathetic pregnant woman wants for her birthday.

It wasn't too inconvenient last night at the hockey game (the MN Wild won by the way) since the temperature in the arena hovered just above frigid and my nostrils were literally frozen together. The VIP club level seats were nice. Since I couldn't recoup my $40 ticket on the free booze, I worked my way through several courses in the appetizer buffet. Many mini quiches and egg rolls were consumed by me and baby. Not the healthiest of meals, but I could tell MBP enjoyed the cheat-treat. :)

Today I've been given the added present of burning, itchy eyes and the occasional death-rattling cough. The people at table #18 are going to love me tonight during Tony n Tina's Wedding. I think I'm in the grumpy phase of my pregnancy 'cuz I hope they all get my sickness. Let them eat cake (with my germs afloat)!

It's already mid-afternoon and I have little to show for my productivity. I have managed to accomplish:

- showering

- finishing the last 20 pages of my book (I realized this book alone was 800 pages so I've really invested more like 2000 pages in a trilogy whose ending pissed me off. The only unexpected benefit is that I cried through the majority of those pages and thus helped to clear the sinuses of their drippy mucus.)

- sorted and begun the laundry

- finished Legend (the ultra-cheesy 1985 fantasy flick lent to me by Venessa) It's definitely of the "it's so bad it's worth watching" genre. Check it out. You'll particularly enjoy the voice distortion techniques they use to make the monsters talk scary.

Well, it's time to change a load of laundry so I will take my grumpiness elsewhere. I think I'll share it with my husband... that's always fun. Don't worry, I plan to strip it off and leave it behind when I don my cocktail attire and dancing shoes for tonight's festivities!

3 comments:

MN Mom said...

Too bad you can't leave the drippy nose at home too.

Erin said...

I bet you had a fabulous time, with or without your nose drip.

It's ok to be lazy for a few more weeks. Then the 2nd trimester sets in and you will try to remodel your house in a weekend. I don't advise letting yourself do too much. I keep going strong for a set period of time and then crash and have to reload. Moderation...when will I learn what that is?

Jess said...

Sucks that you're sick. Especially since you can't take anything for it, don't wanna risk a 3rd eye for MBP.