Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Rocks, Rodeo & Robots...

... the three Rs. All bizarre dreams should include these for maximum wackiness.

I'm not sure if it is the fault of pregnancy or not, but since it gets blamed for everything else, I am attributing my colorful dreams of late to my pregged-out hormones. I won't attempt a detailed explanation of my dream (it wouldn't make sense anyway), but here's the jist:

- I grew up in a family of geologists (apparently) and we all collected rocks. My one brother had a particularly special rock that he never wanted to part with (foreshadowing here).
- My other brother and his girl friend were a part of the rodeo show. They were also being blackmailed by a Queen (plot thickens) who demanded the special rock as payment (duh, duh, duh, duh).
- The three of us stole my other brother's special rock and went to pay the Queen, only to discover she was really an evil robot (plot twist)!
- The dream turned a little gruesome at this point when my brother's girlfriend began to kill the robot by chopping her into little bits. In my dream I was covering my eyes so I didn't see any of this happening, but listening to my brother give her instructions and hearing the squishing, sawing noises were bad enough.

That was pretty much it; the comedy of it all woke me up sometime after that. I assume it ended well: evil queen vanquished, special rock replaced, future rodeos won - yee haw!

Not sure if anyone knows enough about dream analysis to give me any guidance, but Jon's take on it was - "you watch way too much TV!" I can certainly see the influences: robot (Sarah Connor Chronicles), rodeo (Wildfire), but the rocks came from a book (The Glass Castle), hah!

I also noticed I seem to like big families in my dreams (even though in reality I am an only child) and that I never give my characters any names. Something for me to work on tonight. :)

4 comments:

MN Mom said...

I too have had bad dreams of late...you jinxed me! Telling me of-you know who's bad dreams--now I have intruder dreams and I can't sleep at all...no peaceful sleep for the wicked I guess.But at least I am not so goofy I dream of queens and rocks! ha ha

Rima and Kevin said...

That's the silliest dream ever. Everyone knows robots don't go "squish" :)

Jess said...

I always have vivid dreams, but no robots for me!

Carol said...

All right! I thoroughly applaud dreams of geologists and rocks! I think I will have to read that book. Boy, that does sound like a pretty interesting dream!