Punctuality is not a priority of all people - of this I know - but today takes the cake (or doesn't take the cake, you'll understand later)!
My mom and I were invited to her neighbor's one year old son's birthday party. It was being held at an outdoor park and had an adorable barn yard theme. They worked for months handmaking all the decorations, the party favors, the candies, the cake etc. It would have been a truly spectacular affair except for one tiny detail... the time.
The invitation said 11:30. We arrived around 11:45. No one was there except for a few family members setting up tables. We put ourselves to work wrapping candies and putting out party favors. That took us till about 12:15. Another neighbor couple arrived with their baby girl in tow so we chatted about baby paraphenalia (must haves and forget about its). That took us to about 1:00. Still no guests or guest of honor. By 1:30, I had to go. Mom drove me back home and went back solo.
By then other family members and friends had arrived, along with their children, and some ponies for petting and rides. The party finally started hopping and mom stayed for several more hours, but eventually had to leave herself. Thus, neither she nor I lasted long enough to even get a slice of birthday cake!
Come on, people! I'm hoping that 11:30 was a typo and your party was really supposed to start at 1:30, but judging by the cold hot dogs that were served I'm guessing that was not the case.
3 comments:
Huh. Late to your own party? That's weird. You're allowed to cry if you want to, but not be late.
I can't believe your Mom went back!
I wonder if they told you 11:30 to get some free labor out of you :)
I am not always on-the-dot punctual but I try my best to be on time or considerate and call when running late.
That's pretty crappy to have people waiting on you for your own party. I can see a half hour tops but that's ridiculous. Too bad you didn't get any cake.
Post a Comment