Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What Day is Today?

I love being on vacation. I even had one of those I-have-no-idea-what-day-of-the-week-it-is moments. I love those! It's Wednesday by the way...

If Sunday and Monday were all about getting things done, then you could say Tuesday and Wednesday were all about FUN! Here is the crib notes version:

Breakfast with friends: banana nut pancakes, conversation and childhood recollections - all delicious!

Shopping: It's shopping! What more is there to say?

Hanging with the hubby in Home Depot: Man room paint, check. New ceiling fan, undecided. Paying for supplies with gift card, priceless.

Ice cream and How I Met Your Mother: tasty and hilarious. As Barney would say, "wait for it... legendary!"

Lazy morning viewing of Atonement: Nice to be a bum on the couch. Not so nice when I have to cry at the end and then channel surf for something happier to lift me out of my depression.

Lunch at Pizza Time: I think it is better than Anthony's! I can't wait to go back.

Barnes and Noble: So many baby books, so many conflicting view points, so I bought 4. One a dummy manual with pictures (I'm a visual person), one about how breastfeeding sucks (just kidding! but that is the title of the book), one about babies and sleeping (or the lack thereof), and one with more schedules than... (who's someone who has to keep a tight schedule?...Donald Trump, Bill Gates?). Wish me luck sorting through all that advice!

Tonight: Netflix. It's either Bee Movie or Southland Tales. Decisions, decisions...

4 comments:

Jenny said...

We LOVE How I Met Your Mother! lol. I convinced myself it was Thursday today. (I even tried to send my class to the wrong special...) It's not quite the same as the vacation, "What Day is Today?" = )

Rima and Kevin said...

Best sleep book: Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth. Read it before the peanut is born and you won't have to spend a couple weeks undoing the badness that you unwittingly created.

Jess said...

Glad you're enjoying your break!

Crissy Rae said...

Sounds like a great day! I rather liked the Bee Movie, very cute.