After reading Jess's blog, I've been tagged to tell 5 random things about myself. Since there was so much randomness to choose from, I decided to reveal some of my quirks. Unfortunately there was also a lot to choose from in the quirk department, so I narrowed it down again. Here are 5 of my quirks that revolve around water. Here goes:
1) I pretty much have an exclusive relationship with water in the beverage department. I drink less than 1 soda a month. Maybe 1 glass of juice on the weekend, a cup of tea here or there, but that's it.
2) As much water as I drink, I have specific criteria for how I will drink it. If it is in a glass, it has to be cold and there has to be ice. If the ice melts, I need to add more or I won't finish it. To me, it tastes different with no ice. If it is in a bottle, it can be either cold or warm. The plastic makes the warm acceptable somehow.
3) I am incapable of taking pills with water. It doesn't really have to do with the swallowing, again it's the taste. (Taking pills with water is one of the few things that will actually make me gag.) Instead, I open a Gatorade and take a sip out of it each day until, after a week or so, there isn't any Gatorade left. (This both annoys and grosses out my husband.)
4) I use a minimum of three toothbrushes daily. In the morning, I use my fancy electric toothbrush. At night, I use my disposable vibrating toothbrush (I'm thinking of upgrading to a musical one when the batteries die.) Anytime in between, I use a regular toothbrush. I do this because I like a clean, dry brush (no water).
5) This last one has to do with bathing in the water, so I think it still qualifies. I rotate shampoos, conditioners and body wash. Rotate makes it sound normal, like one day I feel like one shampoo and one day I feel like another. It's a little more involved than that. It's more of an alternating schedule that I keep running in my head. It would take too long to describe it and honestly you might all think of having me treated for OCD if I revealed it in full.
(Okay that's it. I know you all have quirks too, so I hope you don't go judging me too harshly!)
4 comments:
I drink a lot of water, but I also drink a wide variety of other stuff too: mostly coffee, tea and soda -- all caffeinated, duh. If there were caffeinated water, I'd be on that like white on rice.
I knew there was a reason we are friends! Quirky people are the most interesting people! Normal people are BORING!
Oh crap, Carol wouldn't like me. I am far too normal. :(
I will have to think about my 5 and post something later tonight or tomorrow.
Erin, if you are friends with Shannon, then you must be pretty okay! =)
Post a Comment