Sunday, November 11, 2007

Indian Food

Last night, I gave myself a break from being sick long enough to join some friends for dinner at their favorite Indian restaurant. We were a little worried about how busy the place would be since we knew it had recently been a major Indian holiday. I'm thinking it was Diwali, but it could have been something else entirely. (FYI: my limited understanding of Diwali came from watching an episode of The Office. It's sad that I know so little about other cultures.)

The food was great, but I think my cold was interfering some with my true appreciation. Everyone kept commenting about how spicy everything was, but I didn't think anything was spicy at all. I am quite tolerant of the spicy foods, but I should have at least noticed the spice. I guess I'll have to head back there another time to compare.

With the exception of vacuuming, I've been pretty lazy again today. I sat outside in the breeze and started a new book... blissful. Now we're headed to our friends for the Vikings game. It should be exciting since we're playing our rivals, Green Bay. Those Vikes better dominate those cheese-headed Packers or they'll ruin my good spirited Sunday. :)

4 comments:

Jess said...

Well, the fact that you can even remember Diwali says something. Because I didn't recall the name of the holiday.

Erin said...

The spices probably helped move your cold along. What was the restaurant called?

Agate Lake Girl said...

Madras Cafe. It's North on Powerline after McNab. One of those strip mall hole in the walls. :)

Anonymous said...

I have always liked spicy food when I have a head cold or sinus issues, it really helps me be less stuffed up! Mint tea (or anything minty) really helps too.