Monday, November 19, 2007

Sunday Synopsis

Another great Sunday. Jon and I got up early and headed out to get our Thanksgiving grocery shopping done. Bonus: we stopped at a cafe for breakfast first (Georgia pecan banana pancakes, yum-o!). Shopping with the hubby was quite fun. Jon and I always used to do the grocery shopping together. It seemed to make it more fun and less of a chore, especially because Jon invented a game where he would act like an emotionally abusive husband to see what kind of reaction he could get out of the other shoppers. Example: "woman, you don't need to be eating those cookies, get them out of the cart!" I would get lots of sympathetic looks. :) Since I started teaching and working so much on the weekends, we haven't had time to go together - so this was a real treat.

On our way in, we saw a guy that gave us the giggles. He looked like a New Yorker (the type of guy who flipped pizzas at a pizza parlor is Jon's backstory - we like to make up stories about people, as I'm sure you all do too.) He was wearing a black long sleeve shirt tucked into black sweat pants (the light weight kind from the 80s that are kind of tapered at the leg). The outfit alone was enough to make us share a look, but then right as he was walking in the store, he reached out his left arm to grab a coupon flyer and his right leg came up to his knee in a little ballet-esque pose. I'm not sure how we managed it, but we held it together until he rounded a corner and then burst out laughing. (Obviously the guy had a hidden dream of being a dancer, so we added that to his backstory as well.)

The rest of the day was also productive. Schoolwork, check. Laundry, check. Ikea mirror hung, check. Then Venessa came over and we feasted on Chef Jon's delicious venison stew and watched Ocean's Thirteen. Best part, I was in bed by nine with lots of time to read my book before actually turning in to sleep.

Sunday is staring to climb the chart as my favorite day of the week. :)

4 comments:

Jess said...

You know what is the better way to do grocery shopping? Just send the hubby along on his own.

Carol said...

Wow, I can never get my hubby to go grocery shopping with me. In fact, I don't think I want to. Shopping to him is NOT fun, he HATES it! He will only do it out of desperation when he is by himself and completely out of food, and I mean completely! I am glad you two can have fun shopping together!

Erin said...

I agree with Jess. After having worked at F4L for 7 years, I have a strong urge to avoid the grocery store at all costs. When we go to Target, I send Ryan to the grocery area and I peruse the remainder of the store.

Rima and Kevin said...

I've been replaced by Joey as Rima's shopping partner. I think more random shoppers comment on his cuteness than mine.

Off topic: Shannon, did you see this month's Maxim? It arrived in the mail and none other than Buffy was on the cover! Talk about Houston flashbacks! Some nice pics, too.