The Kindergarten production of "Frosty the Snowman" went off without a hitch today: no parents complained (that's a first), no kids cried (that I know of), and no one fell off the risers (like in practice). We managed to get several "ahhh" moments due to their cute antics and even a couple of laughs like when our Safety Officer played the role of traffic cop and yelled "Stop!"
The best part was only 15 of my 18 kids showed up for school today (and 2 of the 3 that didn't show had been quite a handful in play practice so that made my job a lot easier). Another student left right after the play and yet another left right after lunch. Let me tell you, 13 kids is perfect! It was so quiet and relaxing.
Santa, all I want for Christmas is for 5 of my kids to withdraw. I'll even give you my naughty list of kids to chose from. I'll give all of them extra big hugs just in case I don't see them after the break. Thanks Santa!
3 comments:
Congrats! I am sure it is a relief to have the production over. Was it bitter sweet? I used to cry at each ice show when my kids pulled out all the stops. They put me through hell and made me nervous but once it was over, I missed it. Dang, I do miss my snot nosed skaters.
That must be a relief to be done with! And to be down a few must be so much easier -- 13 kids will fit in a closet, no problem.
Naughty or Nice...less is more when it comes to six year olds in the classroom!
Post a Comment