This week I have been attending two a day play practices trying to get my kindergartners ready for their play next week. I guess all the singing and pre-break stress has finally culminated in me loosing my marbles. I was humming this song all day and rewriting the words in my head. Thought I'd share my insanity with you.
(I don't think I'll be winning a Grammy or a Tony anytime soon...)
My parents will come... tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow
They'll be in the sunshine state!
Just thinkin' about this weekend when
Mom will help me clear away the cobwebs,
Dirt and dust... 'til there's none!
When I'm stuck in my day
Full of pouty kids and play practice...
When they stick out their lip
I'll grin, and say...
Oh! My parents will come tomorrow
Gotta hang on and not strangle you
Even if I wanna
Come what may...
Tomorrow! My parents!
Thank God, tomorrow
You're only a day away!
2 comments:
=) Well, at least you have found a safe way to vent your frustrations! Hope you all have a wonderful time once your parents arrive! And soon you will have a much needed and well earned holiday break, right?
A new profession is in your future! I love it.
Post a Comment