Saturday, January 5, 2008

Emotional Roller Coaster

I'm stressed, exhausted, and a wee bit crabby so I'll be brief.

Thursday night my mother-in-law seemed to be doing great. She was in good spirits, ate a little bit etc. By Friday morning, however, she was already starting to not feel well. Things continued to get worse and last night she was unable to keep anything down. After considering many options, my in-laws decided to fly back to MN this morning (forgoing their trip to Alabama, where they had planned to stay for a couple of months, at least for now).

We scrambled around getting tickets, packing them up, and racing to the Miami airport so they could catch a direct flight back to Mpls. Their plan is to drive back to their hometown and check into the hospital tonight.

Both Jon and I launched into projects when we got home from the airport. He's still out working in the yard and I just finished cleaning the house and am almost done with the laundry. I think both of us wanted to be able to "control" something.

I will post more in the coming days as I get updates. Thanks for listening...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry she took another bad turn. I hope that being home helps her feel more settled emotionally which maybe will help physically as well. I will continue to keep her and all of the family in my thoughts and prayers.

Erin said...

That stinks. I agree with Carol, hopefully being closer to home will help aid the healing process. If you still need to control things-we have some laundry and floors that need sweeping/vacuuming/washing. ;) Hang in there.

Jess said...

That sucks. Hopefully, their flight went smoothly and she got checked in safely to her a familiar hospital.