Friday, March 21, 2008

Vacation

"I've had just about as much vacation as I can stand!"

Okay so technically I haven't been on vacation, but when Jon is away it feels like a mini-vacation. (No offense, hun.) For this trip though, I have been running here and there... I've hardly been home... I've hardly slept - I'm exhausted!

Sunday: I was up at 4:30 am to get Jon off to the airport and then Mom and I went to Ikea and then on another errand that turned into one of those wild goose chases, took us 1 1/2 away, and shot the greater part of the day and night. No relaxation there...

Monday: I was sick so I don't remember much about Monday.

Tuesday: You already know I hit the $1 movie and had a blast, but again it was a late night.

Wednesday: School to ob appointment to Girl Scout Awards banquet - this meant I left my house before 7 am and didn't return until 10 pm. Loooooong day!

Pregnancy notes:
- The baby is good, heartbeat 150s, and we should be finding out the sex on April 26(that is if MBP will cooperate)!
- I'm reading the funniest book of essays called "Sippy Cups Are Not for Chardonnay: And Other Things I Had to Learn as a New Mom."
- People say the strangest things to you when you are pregnant. For instance, one person told me I'm "starting to look pregnant from the back." I'm not sure what that means but it doesn't sound the most flattering. Just to set the record straight, I am still fitting into all my old skinny jeans and shorts - most I can even still button (though sometimes I don't just because I don't like the feel on my tummy). Another person said she doesn't watch my tummy growth, she watches my boob growth. Again, I understand her point, but awww-kward!

Thursday: Bumming with Mom, but I did manage to get home and get into bed by 10:00.

Friday: No school! Glorious! Slept in till 8:00 am - thank you Rio! (As an aside: Someone told me I was "glowing" on Thursday and attributed it to the pregnancy - only I knew it was really in anticipation of the 3 day weekend!) Mom and I hit another movie at my new favorite theater (there are no teenagers hanging out and smoking there!). Only $3 today and not nearly as insane as it was on Tuesday. We saw Definitely, Maybe. I crush on Ryan Reynolds. :)

Tomorrow: Jon returns home and the ladies step out on the town to see Wicked.

Happy Easter everybody!

6 comments:

Carol said...

Whew, you make me tired just by reading everything you have been up to! =)

Jess said...

Wow, you've been busy.

It was glorious that there was no school for K-12: It only took me 25 minutes to get to work! Usually it takes 40-45 with the school zones and the extra drivers on the road.

Rima and Kevin said...

FWIW, medically speaking (this from Kevin, not Dr. Rima), boy babies generally have a higher heart rate than girls. Your 150 is on the high end, just like our Joey's. Girls, I think, usually fall somewhere in the 120-130 range, but not sure if that's true at this young stage or if that's later. And of course there are always exceptions. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Also, if you want some cool-practical Daddy stuff for Jon, go to diaperdude.com. Rima got me a manly diaper bag from there and some other great stuff.

Crissy Rae said...

Sounds like you need a real vacation! Hope you get some R&R in there one of these days.

Enjoy Wicked!

Erin said...

I agree with Jess. I love when there is no school because traffic is wonderful. Just makes me wonder how many kids actually ride the bus these days.

Rima and Kevin said...

Ah, Daddies. Girls actually tend to have the higher heart rates. Joey was usually in the 130s (when I was 7.5 wks his heart rate was 150s but all fetuses are girls until about 12 wks...don't make me go into the embryology). Then again, all the medical literature says that you can't predict the gender by heart rate. But what do those doctors know, anyway?