Rylee had another first: she slept through the night. She went down a little after ten and woke up about a little before six. Most importantly, I slept for 7 continuous hours! I had forgotten what that felt like. :)
Sleeping through the night almost makes up for the fact that we had a return of her sparkling personality (codeword: FUSSY) last night right during the finale of Dancing with the Stars. I felt like it was a dance-along since Rylee and I were up and shaking it to their music the whole time.
Murphy's Law: Why is it that the only room in the house with a squeaky floor is the nursery? I've perfected a routine of 4 long strides zig-zagging from crib to door to avoid the worst of it. It reminds me of a combination jewel thief sidestepping those laser security lights and doctor in the Operation board game - if you touch the sides the buzzer sounds (creaks) and you lose your turn (sleep).
BTW: Every Christmas as a child I asked for the Operation game and never got it (along with the Barbie Dream House which I also never received). I totally blame my parents for my not becoming a doctor. I can't wait till Rylee is old enough to get both! :)
8 comments:
Yay that Rylee slept through the night! Hopefully this is the turning point into more restful sleep for everyone!
I remember the first night Miller slept through the night. Be prepared, it's probably just a taste before it becomes routine but it such a great milestone. Yippee! You are about to hit the 3 month mark where it all gets better. It is hard to look back and think about how we survived those first few months but man, they are worth it.
Hurray!!!! I am so pleased for your 7 hours of sleep!
I saw Cabbage Patch Dolls in the stores the other day, and I totally wanted to buy one for E. I did have one, but it is fun to think of the things we can buy our own girls now.
Amen to the sleeping through the night. And commiseration for the squeaky floor. When Joey was her age, we'd have to walk him for an hour or more to get him to fall asleep. We'd do laps around the house and the unavoidable passthrough from kitchen to entryway has a big squeak. We quickly learned to straddle the wall to avoid it.
Yahoo for Rylee! Can I say Sleepless in Sunrise no more?
Grandpa is coming the middle of Sept and it would be the best Christmas gift if she was sleeping through the night. Can't wait to see you guys! Love Dad
For the love of all that is holy...
We didn't buy Operation because Johnston's had it and you played it there all the time. So you didn't need one of your own. (And the reason you aren't a doctor is because you can't stand wounds of any kind.)
And as for the Barbie Dream House...we got you the Barbie three story town house and the camper instead! Get over it!
Have you seen the pens that have all of the old games we loved? I have an etch-a-sketch pen, a bop it pen and an operation pen. All of the little pieces are attached so you can not lose them and the tweezers are hidden in the top of the pen.
Now the operation game involves utilizing your critical thinking skills and initiating CPR. Very realistic and an excellent start for any future med student.
I wanted that same Barbie dreamhouse and got a "corvette" instead. There isn't much room in the corvette for Barbie and Ken to shag or room for Skipper, the baby, or the dog. C'mon parents. Did it cost a million dollars or something?
Post a Comment