Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Love Johnny

I've been thinking about my crazy obsession with Grease 2 and the crush I had on my favorite character, Johnny. Coincidence that I married a Jon? I think not.

- Johnny had jet black hair (so does mine).
- Johnny rode motorcycles (mine rode motocross).
- Johnny liked to bowl (so does mine). My bowling name is even Paulette, Johnny's girlfriend in the movie.

I mean except for the smoking and the breaking into song and dance, my Jon fits Johnny to a T...Bird! (I crack myself up sometimes!)

In other non-Grease 2 news, Rylee went to bed at a reasonable hour last night which meant Jon, Rio and I all crawled into the bed at the same time! That hasn't happened since before the baby was born and it's really been messing with Rio's bedtime ritual. See she likes to give each of us kisses before she curls up at the foot of the bed and drifts off to doggie dreamland, but she only gets into it when both of us are there.

When she saw me assume the position (by position I mean: book in one hand, rubbing Jon's back with the other), she practically assaulted me. And since I hadn't had Rio kisses in months, I didn't even care that she tongue-washed my glasses in her excitement. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truth be told...I'm worried abut you and this Grease obsession.
-Meg

MN Mom said...

See we do have differences I always liked the other guy...Michael. (Ironically Jon's middle name.) He was a nice guy, studious, handsome, every mother's dream. (If it wouldn't have been for Stephanie he wouldn't have been a "Cool Rider" at all.)

All this talk about the movie and no one has mentioned my favorite part...REPRODUCTION!

WorldTravelista said...

LOL... I love your comments Connie! Re-pro-duc-tion....I'm totally humming the song. ;)

Yeah, Michael was a hottie! Wasn't he from Australia or something? Those foreign accents ...love them! Too bad being from Northern California, Tony really doesn't have an accent.