Wednesday, November 12, 2008

2 Months

Rylee had her 2 month checkup and shots yesterday.

Here are her new stats.
Weight: 11 lbs 7 oz
Length: 23 in
She's in the 75th percentile for both so she's doing well.

They increased some of her med dosages based on her new weight, otherwise everything stayed the same. The main issue we're dealing with right now is her constipation...

Case in point: After not pooping again for 4 days Jon and I were forced to do the manual stimulation with the thermometer trick. I didn't want to use her new thermometer so I decided to use Rio's butt thermometer instead. I was once forced to use Rio's as well. I alcoholed it and boiled it before putting it into my mouth. I figured if it was good enough for my mouth, it was good enough for Rylee's butt. Anyway... you could say that the poop was knocking on the door because as soon as Jon put it in, everything started coming out. I won't go into detail but it was rather disturbing - poop was everywhere, on the thermometer, on Jon's hand etc. Needless to say, but no amount of alcohol cleansing will get me to stick that buttmometer back into my mouth now.

... so today Rylee is adding prune juice to her daily diet. I'll let you know how that goes! It's always an adventure over here!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Maybe I need to borrow that thermometer for myself...I know her pain.

Good stats. How did she do with the barrage of shots? Miller goes tomorrow for his 5 month check up.

Crissy Rae said...

Doctor visit, shots, thermometer...it's a rough day for little Rylee. Hope she handled it all well.

Carol said...

I just said it to Stacy and now to you as well, between the two of you, you guys are doing a great job of making me terrified at the thought of having kids. I thought I had heard it all before, but this is a new one! Poor Rylee!