You may remember an earlier post about how difficult it is to extract boogers with those nose suctioners. I took all of your suggestions under advisement, but the easiest thing was using my pinkie fingernail to scoop them out. Odd how this does not even disgust me. (It's amazing the gross things you do for the ones you love. I once caught one of the dogs puke in my hand, but I digress.)
Today in the mail I received the nose suctioner of all nose suctioners from my friends Kevin and Rima. It's battery operated and even plays music to distract your little one during the procedure. (Have any of you ever seen this thing? Impressive.) It couldn't have come at a better time as Rylee is all stuffed up.
I'm still not entirely sure how to use it. I tried it once today and it had so much power I was worried I was sucking out her little baby brains. It seems like it will work great once I get the hang of it.
You know I'm a little bit sniffley myself, hmmm.... :)
4 comments:
Wow! That sounds high tech! We suction and use our fingers too. It's all part of parenting. I even bet Jerry will pick his kids nose one day...maybe.
The day Jerry picks anyone's nose, his own included, will also be the day he touches his own eyeball. In which case, we can all assume that hell has indeed frozen over.
Well when you have a kid, Jerry included, you will indeed do things you never thought you could--hense Hell will have indeed frozen over.
Your mom commented on our blog that Rylee was in need of some good suction so we hurried it along to you. We recommend it to all our friends with babies. And don't worry - it's perfectly safe! Joey will even stick ours up his own nose sometimes. It works best if you hold the other nostril closed while you're suctioning the other. If you see boogers in the little cup or the nose cone, it's doing it's job.
p.s. I've (Kevin) thought about using it on myself, too!
Post a Comment