Tonight Rylee didn't want to go to sleep (shocker!). She wanted to flip and roll and spit up. She spits up literally every time she's on her stomach. Not that it seems to bother her - she flips over and does it again immediately.
But I was ready for her to sleep (and just plain sick of wiping up spittle) so I took her upstairs anyway. I busted out my best moves, but I wasn't getting anything other than sweaty. I was right on the brink of getting frustrated. Then I dipped her down low, away from my body, and started to swing her side to side. It triggered her monkey-fall reflex and her little arms reached out to grab for me, but I kept on swinging.
And then the cutest thing happened. She looked up at me with her beautiful blue eyes, threw her hands up over her head, arched her neck back so she was practically upside down and just smiled the biggest toothless grin ever while I swung her back and forth. I guess she inherited something from Jon after all - his no fear gene. If that had been me, I'm pretty sure I would have scared myself into a poopy diaper.
*BTW Jess, one of the songs that came up on Rylee's MP3 mix was True Love. :)
3 comments:
That's cute. "Upside down" Rylee will probably be her next daredevil move. I can't do it with Miller, he's too big and I am afraid I will drop him.
Very cool tune!
Maybe she was throwing her hands up because thought she was in the front seat of that awful coaster at Valley Fai
Post a Comment