When people ask I always say that we've been dating since I was 16 and Jon was 15, but technically that is not accurate. We were both 15 when Jon asked me to go steady (is that what we were calling it then?), I didn't turn 16 until March.
I thought it would be fun to take a little trip down memory lane so I looked through our photos and scanned a couple into the computer. Yes, our relationship pre-dates digital photography (at least in our case - I have no idea when digital photography was invented... maybe you could ask Al Gore... he likes to credit for inventing things).
I didn't have that many to choose from and I'm pretty sure they'll look like crap from the scan, but I think you'll enjoy the fashions and hairdos (check out my perm and Jon's mullet) regardless.
Me and the boys from Immanuel Lutheran Church

I don't know if I was just trying on dresses or if I was attending a dance that Jon was too young to go to (I was a year ahead in school).

At the Polich household with Jon's sis, Laurie, and her then boyfriend, Tor.

I had to include this one of Jon. It reminds me of how he would pick me up in his truck every day before school.

These are the quintessential high school sweetheart photos (cheerleading, football and prom). Though I'm taking a little creative license with my cheerleading pic. I'm pretty sure that is actually from junior high as we did not wear those horrible sweaters in high school.




Maybe I'll do the college years another day. :)
4 comments:
Oh how that trip down memory lane brings me back to a happy time! Those were really good days.
Happy Anniversary!
I am speechless.
So many comments come to mind...and most revolve around Jon. The endless teasing will ensue shortly. ;)
I loved taking a glimpse into your past. Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment