I have a nasty (or charming depending on your view point) habit of making up my own words and/or using slang when I write. I stumbled across a cool slang site the other day and thought I'd share.
FYI: you might notice I'm a little psyched that our new AT&T U-verse service comes with the Boomerang Channel (Hanna-Barbera cartoons galore!).
smurf: A word that can be substituted for any other word.
Example: My computer was so smurfed that I had to hit it with a big smurf.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
smurf: Name used for a child.
Example: Awww, Rylee's such a l'il smurf!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
smurf brain: A blue foam dryer sheet that gets thread tangled around it. It comes out looking like a little blue brain.
Example: When I was folding clothes from the dryer, Rio ran away with the smurf brain.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
smurfey: The way a room or area feels when it is humid and sticky.
Example: I can't believe Jess can run when it's so smurfey outside.
Who knew there were so many ways to use the word smurf?!
BTW, I took the liberty of improving a few of their example sentences. :)
3 comments:
The OR scrubs I am required to wear can only be described as smurf jammies.
Confession: I never got why you loved the smurfs so much-they were so smurfy.
Smurferific!
Post a Comment