I got two Jeff Foxworthy emails today. Since I have nothing else to blog about (other than my extreme giddiness that tomorrow is the last school day before the Thanksgiving holiday!!), I decided to share some of my favorites. :)
You know you're a teacher if...
- You get a secret thrill out of laminating something. (Except all the dang cutting, laminating is the best!)
- You walk into a store and hear the words "It's Mrs. _____" and know you have been spotted. (It is a little like being a rock star...except they don't usually throw their underwear at me unless they're soiled.)
- You feel the urge to talk to strange children and correct their behavior when you are out in public. (Sometimes I can resist, sometimes not.)
- You are secretly addicted to hand sanitizer. (I had to scale back after it started to eat holes in my skin.)
and my personal fave...
- You've trained yourself to go to the bathroom at two distinct times of the day: lunch and prep period. (So true!!)
You know you're a Minnesotan if...
- There are 7 empty cars running in the parking lot at Mill's Fleet Farm. (Oh, Fleet, how I miss your school supplies and candy.)
- You have ever refused to buy something because it's 'too spendy.' (What's wrong with that? Maybe you should try Fleet Farm.)
- Your local Dairy Queen is closed from November through March. (That first Spring Blizzard was always worth the wait!)
- Your town has an equal number of bars and churches (...and both are places of worship).
- You see people wearing hunting clothes at social events. (Does a Ducks Unlimited shirt at my wedding count?)
- You measure distance in hours. (I do! I grew up about 2 1/2 hours north of Mpls.)
and my personal fave...
- Vacation means going 'up north' for the weekend. (Of course! If it didn't, my grandparents wouldn't have been in the resort business for 60 years!)
2 comments:
The hand sanitizer started to eat holes in your skin??? Good word, what do they put in that stuff?!?!?!
You are so clever! Comments were so cute and spot on!
Here is one more:
You might be a Minnesotan if:
In order to hear your co-workers talking in the next cube-your ears are cocked back like the triggers on my 30-30!
Post a Comment