I'm not sure if it's due to my pregnancy hormones, my cough/cold, or my handful of challenging students, but I haven't felt much like my usual happy-self lately. I've been doing my best to mask my crankiness for the past month, but I'm not sure I've always been successful. (Sorry to those nearest and dearest to me if I've been a pain in the butt!) You'll be happy to know that I experienced one of those deliciously delightful days today and I'm still enjoying the bliss of it tonight! Here is how it all happened:
- Good music in the am: I am such a music fan. I would love to have a soundtrack for my life playing in the background like it is in the movies. For some reason, I haven't been listening to my MP3 player in the morning. Today it was blasting (much to Jon's annoyance at 5:45 am)!
- Challenging students absent: Anyone who is a teacher knows that your "challenging students" (read: mean, annoying, bratty) are never absent. They are either the healthiest children on the planet or, more likely, their parents don't want to spend the day with them either! So like the postal service they are there day in, day out, rain, snow, sleet, flu, temper tantrum etc. By these standards then, today was a miracle: BOTH of my little stinkers were absent.
- Cough reduction: I think my cough is getting slightly better (at least during daytime hours). I haven't yakked or peed while coughing in 2 days. Added bonus: I have partial breathability in BOTH my nostrils and can taste some strong flavored foods again. This came in perfect time since our Teacher Appreciation luncheon was today and I thoroughly enjoyed gobbling up some Mexican cuisine. Muy deliciouso!
- Baby bump: No not my growing belly (I don't think I can get by calling it a baby bump anymore... maybe a baby mountain), but baby movement! I have finally felt the baby move and it is very exciting. Well, the movement itself isn't very exciting, but the idea of the movement is. It's a pretty small sensation right now. If you've ever farted under water (I haven't, of course, but this is what people tell me), you know how a little bubble of air can escape and plop to the surface. This is what it feels like - a little bubble of air coming to the surface of my tummy and plop! Jon even managed to get his hand in the right spot at the right time and felt it too. I'm just glad to know that with all this coughing, MBP is still strong and kickin.
- Printer bound: I am trapped upstairs printing and binding 20 copies of my annual Mother's Day cookbook parent gift. On the surface this doesn't sound fun, but I have a minute or two between each set and what else am I going to do with this time besides blog and read! I am 55 pages into "The Host" and it is quite intriguing.
Ahhhh, what a blissful day! :)
5 comments:
Good to hear the cold is subsiding! I was going to call and lecture you if it was still going strong at the end of this week. It can't be good for anyone to be that sick that long, especially if you are pregnant.
I picked up "The Host" today -- can't wait to read it!
Glad to know you're feeling better -- that's always awesome.
Glad to hear you are feeling better and the cough is subsiding a bit. It's great that you were able to get a day of bliss where things just worked out, that's always a nice change.
Sounds like a great day! Glad you were having such a good one! Hope those days continue for awhile!
So happy to hear you had a blissful day. You deserve one. Nice of your challenging students to both stay home today!
Baby moving! Wonderful! Wish I had been there too.
Keep resting, I love you.
Post a Comment