Saturday, May 24, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away

Sorry no posting, busy... again.

The last couple of nights have been spent hanging out with our house guest in from MN. Thursday he took us out for Mexican as a thank you for letting him bunk with us (totally unnecessary, but delicious). Jon order some super-spicy food and was literally dripping with sweat throughout the meal. His hair was actually soaking wet by the time we left. I've never seen anything quite like it. Thankfully I was sitting next to him not across from him! We all agreed (in the event he ever finds himself single again) he should never order spicy food on a first date. :)

Last night, we enjoyed a Rock Band concert at the Froyds with some swawesome singing from Jess on a couple of tunes. Even Jon belted out a falsetto version of Roxanne that wasn't entirely painful to listen to. Little Rio attended and played with Annie, Scooter and Jazzy all night - which meant she actually let us sleep in until 8:00 today. Thank god! I've been exhausted all week for some reason.

Now I'm sitting here sipping my orange juice and trying to find the motivation to clean the house and get ready for our annual Memorial weekend pool party this afternoon. I'm just not feeling it - considering it looks like there is a 60+ chance of rain this afternoon. A part of me would like to postpone to Monday (the forecast looks nice and sunny then), but what are going to do besides pray that the rain breaks a little so we can have some outdoor fun, I guess.

Well, enough procrastinating. Rock on!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Jazzy and Annie were happy Rio could come play last night. Annie slept in a little too. It was still before 6 but at least it wasn't before 5!

As for the weather, it can rain because we know it will never last long. We can always resort to board games inside. We are not a hard group to please.

See you in a few hours.

Jess said...

Scooter had fun playing too and he was zonked out this morning until 7, which was fortunate for Jerry (whose turn it was) because he was a barfy-barferson this morning.

Anyhoo...even if it does rain, we can always play strip poker :)

Crissy Rae said...

Even with the rain it was a great time. You guys always do a good job entertaining and the food was yummy! I must say, the snicker salad was scrumptious.