1) Water
So I knew I needed a third story about water yesterday - I just posted too soon. Last night, after a relaxing evening of reading, I made an unfortunate discovery as I got ready for bed. ("Unfortunate discovery" being the preferable term, rather than "bad news" which made Jon and the boys think more along the lines of death and dismemberment. To me, that would be "sad news" but whatever, back to the unfortunate discovery.) I picked up my pajamas from the floor of my closet and realized they were soaking wet. I was momentarily confused and grossed out thinking that I somehow sweat through them the night before (yes, I know this would have been an impressive amount of sweat, but pregnancy brain makes me not so smart!)... but then I remembered I hadn't worn them. I loathe pajamas and have only recently started wearing them because I goop myself up with stretch mark cream every night. Wednesday night I didn't put any lotion on since I knew there was a good possibility I wouldn't be showering in the freezing cold water the next day. With that thought process out of the way, it didn't take long for my brain to catch up and process the fact that when the water tank leaked, it ran underneath our bathroom and into my closet! One bit of luck, it was stopped from running any further into my closet or my bedroom by the huge pile of jeans I had put on the floor... since I can't squeeze my pregnant self into them anymore (see weight gain below). Who knew denim was such a good sponge? There were six or seven pairs of pants completely soaked through. Disgusting, but I'm trying to look for the tiniest of silver linings here. Jeans were washed, closet is being fan dried, but I am at a loss as to what to do about the bathroom. Obviously, there is or was water underneath our tile as well. How does one dry that??
2) Werewolves
I don't really have much to say about werewolves except that I like things in groups of three (3 is my favorite number) so I was looking for another W. Since I was reading about werewolves in "New Moon" last night, I figured that would suffice. I know there is a huge legion of Jacob Black haters out there (I just had a long discussion about this with a couple of girl scouts at our mystery night last weekend), but I like him and the inevitable vampire-werewolf-human love triangle that resulted. If you haven't read "Twilight, New Moon & Eclipse," you have no idea what I'm talking about and I advise you to run out and buy them right now. NOW! What are you doing still reading this stupid post!
3) Weight Gain
I am feeling particularly ginormous these days. With 20 weeks of pregnancy behind me and 20 weeks left to go, I'm getting a bit panicked about my end weight gain. I've already gained 15 pounds! (Worst yet, I don't even have the Dairy Queen or Cold Stone cups to justify it! I'm really not eating that much. My diet is the same as it was before, if healthier, when I had no trouble maintaining. The only difference is adding in a little cereal and fruit for breakfast - a meal I always skipped.) I know weight gain is normal, yada yada, but I'm trying to not get so big that they have to use a crane to get me into the hospital bed. Plus, two more pounds and I'm at the heaviest weight I've ever been. That's a little daunting! It feels like I may never wear those water-soaked jeans again... :(
Maybe I should go for a walk? Nah, I have too many good shows taped. I guess I'll just watch TV instead. :)
3 comments:
That sucks that the water leaked all the way into your closet, especially since I always thought that garages were supposed to slope towards the street to prevent such drainage towards the house. Hopefully that area under the bathroom and the drywall separating the garage adequately dry out; otherwise, that's a much bigger problem than wet jeans.
As per the werewolves: I didn't dislike Jacob as a character, I just disliked stupid Bella when she realized she was in love with both Jacob and Edward. I know that Meyer is big on the characters making "choices" so I think that she wanted Bella to be faced with a big dilemma that was hard to solve, but stil, I thought her character was just annoying in "Eclipse." Can't wait for the last installment in the fall, though!
And lastly (since your post is in 3 parts, my comment must also be in 3 parts :)): Weight gain is part of pregnancy. As long as the doctor's not concerned with it, you shouldn't be either.
Jess beat me to it but I pretty much agree with her on #1 and #3. The water sucks and I hope it didn't do any damage to your walls or foundation. Keep a fan on them and you should be ok. Otherwise you are an open invitation for some mold :( EWE!
As for the weight gain-unless the doctor says you are gaining too much too fast, I wouldn't worry about it. Each of us is different. At 20 weeks I think I had gained a whole whopping 5 lbs but remember, I wasn't eating and was sick up until about week 22. They were telling me to eat more. Then when I finally gained some weight they told me to slow down.
I can't comment on #2 because I haven't read that series. Jess gave the english teacher review. Jeepers, what a buzz kill. Just kidding Jess!
WOW--I missed a few crazy days not having time to read your blog. Sorry. But I talked to you on the phone everyday...think you could have mentioned all the drama??? Although, it was nice coming in on the tail end of it and not having to be crazy myself.
Hang in there all the W's will be better soon.
Post a Comment