I have been in book limbo for the past month. Besides my book club book, which I finished weeks ago, I had no new reading material. What?! Looking back, I'm not sure how I survived.
(Well technically, I had a couple of new baby books but I wasn't all that enthused to read them. I'm saving them for summer... kind of like a last-minute baby crash course. I am so laid back about becoming a parent - who am I? I've done more research when picking out an MP3 player. It's not that I think I know it all, quite the contrary, I'm just not obsessing about it. I know! Really, what happened to me? Pregnancy must make me calm.)
The two books I have been anxiously awaiting came out today! Thank you Borders! I'm starting with Stephenie Meyer's "The Host" (I have such high hopes for this one that I'm worried I'll be disappointed). The other I would like to save for when my mom is down (maybe I can read it in the car on the drive to MN): Jen Lancaster's "Such a Pretty Fat: Or Why Pie is Not the Answer?" Thanks to Jess for turning me on to her other books - her snarkiness is laugh out loud funny!
So I am super giddy to have these two beautiful books in front of me, but torn because I have Bunko tonight and probably won't even have time to crack the binding. :(
At least I'll have something to do those nights when I'm lying awake coughing!
6 comments:
Pregnancy makes you calm and cough...interesting combo...where is my child? Oh yes she has been taken over by an alien. How great is that!
Book club tonight. And do save a good book or two for the road because if all we read is baby books we will be crazy.
I was just wondering today if "The Host" was out yet. And I knew Lancaster's new one was forthcoming, but I didn't know that was out too! I'll have to go get them both -- I still have some b-day gift cards to burn through!
I have been in book limbo too. I finished a John Grisham (not that great) and am finally reading "Eat, Pray, Love." So far, I think it's ok but am not dying to read it every night. I have also been alternating between baby stuff (it's all the same at this point but I feel obligated to read all those darn pamphlets and magazines I got from baby class) and searching for a new good read. I need to take a trip to the store and look for something fun but I am a disciplined reader and must not have too many temptations waiting for me while I trudge through other books that aren't as engaging.
I love getting new reads...the second one you mentioned sounds like it would be a good one. Enjoy your reads.
Ah, for the love of a good book! Books are my weakness, and they sure create weakness physically whenever we move! I have taken to working on cross-stitch lately during my free time, and playing on my DS. One cross-stitch project takes a lot longer to finish than one book. But I have been rereading some long time favorites in the off times.
Erin, I have been reading Eat, Pray, Love for awhile now (almost a year). It is good, just not captivating I guess. I have been alternating it with others. I hope you enjoy it!
Sorry about your water heater issues, cold showers suck and a flooded closet is sucha pain!
If you are still eating well and like you did before, then I would not worry too much about the weight loss. It is natural and I know you will be back to your old self in no time after the baby is born!
Post a Comment