Monday, May 12, 2008

The Written Word...

...is the only explanation I have for three unrelated stories I am trying to tie together!

1) Mother's Day Part 2
Jon took me out to share his McDonald's fries. This perked me up a lot! Then we lounged in the pool for a while (the first time this Spring). It was glorious! And Rio brought me her card. This is what she wrote:

Mommy,
Happy Mom Day. I love lots. I can't wait for the baby. There will be someone else to give kisses too. Also, I will get to play with baby toys.
Love, Rio
I want Scooby Snacks again.

Then Jon made me dinner and we sat back and watched "Juno." I thought it was even funnier than the first time, but Jon thought it was just "eh." He later admitted it was full of funny one liners and entertaining, but that it lacked storyline. Suddenly everyone's a critic! :)

2) Beware the Volunteer
This is a work story, so I will give you the abridged version. Lisa, Karen and I are planning to do dinner tomorrow night and then take in the elementary school's production of "Annie Jr." A fun evening, right? Well, admin cornered me today and asked if we could volunteer to help. All it would entail was showing up 30 mins early and getting people to their seats, so fine, we said yes. Two emails later and suddenly we're supposed to show up at 4:45, help out with everything, and possibly not even see the show. Ah, sorry, not what I agreed to! The pregnant lady is not giving up her girls night out to stand around and work. Best part is, I was actually gutsy enough to change my response to "NO!"

3) Choking at Target
My death-rattling cough tends to kick in when I'm laughing. So today, when I read my husband's contribution to my grocery list while shopping at Target, I nearly choked to death and peed my pants. In amidst the requests for toilet paper, bread, and bananas were:
hookers
crack
Needless to say, he was very disappointed when I came home empty handed. I did buy some mini-frozen pizzas - maybe that will help fill the void...

5 comments:

Erin said...

Jon's upping his addictions. Normally it's candy cigarettes and strippers. You better be careful, that crack is expensive and hookers...they carry more diseases than strippers.

Jess said...

What? You couldn't find hookers and crack at Target? They're on the end caps.

Carol said...

Way to go with saying No! That is a tough word sometimes. Poor Jon, neglected by his wife just because she could not fulfill his wished without getting some depends and a trachiotomy. =)

Crissy Rae said...

Hookers at Target? No, honey...you were at the wrong store. The hookers hang out in the clearance aisles in Wal-Mart.

MN Mom said...

Today was Grandma R.'s birthday. And I showed her your blog picture of the belly, and of the baby. She loved it. Then I was reading the blog to her and she laughed so hard when I read the Target Hooker story & of the laughing, coughing and peeing! She said, " who would have thought Shannon and I would be in the same boat...peeing our pants that is!"
She was really in the moment getting all the jokes and everything. But then she wanted to go home and see her mom and dad 'cause they would be wondering where she was. And as she was 81 today that would make them....? Ah well she drifted in and out.