Sunday, January 11, 2009

G'day Mate

Last night Mom and I escaped to the cheap theater to see Australia. It received mixed reviews from the critics and fans alike, but I loved it. I'm a Hugh Jackman fan from way back (ie his little known Australian film Paperback Hero ), but this was by far my favorite character he's played - definitely what a leading man should be. (I'm sure you all remember the shirtless scene from the trailer! Though the white tuxedo look wasn't too shabby either.) Anyway Drover has just joined Edward as one of my all time favorite fictional characters. (I've always been a sucker for an Australian accent.)

I've never been to this theater on a Saturday night before. The place was so packed we ended up sitting in the third row. I'm not sure if Nicole Kidman didn't hold the same appeal as Hugh Jackman or if it was the combination of late start time and laid back third row seating, but the two elderly gentleman sitting next to us both slept through the entire movie. They were snoring and everything. They finally woke up during the bombing sequence at the end.

There might have been more to this post, but I'm too distracted by Jon and Rylee to remember. Jon just had one of his I-need-to-eat-in-five-seconds-or-I'll-faint episodes. He said he needed sugar so he consumed an ice cream sundae, a chocolate chip cookie and a glass of chocolate milk, and a cup of tea all within in the last five minutes. Now he's complaining of a stomachache - go figure! I joked that he must be feeding his tapeworm like Rio.

And Rylee discovered how to flip over from her back to her front today and she refuses to do anything but that (including sleep). I'm sitting on the floor next to her trying to stay focused on my blogging, but every two seconds I have to flip her over to her back so she can do it again. Not too mention she gets stuck on her stomach with her nose pressed to the blanket and little arms and legs struggling - like a beetle bug in reverse.

There's altogether too much distraction around here. I think I'll sign off. :)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Morgan really wants to see that one but I wasn't sure. You are the third person I know who enjoyed it. I just may have to give in. = )

Jess said...

I read some good things about that movie, so I am interested to see it. Although I have trouble seeing Hugh Jackman as anything but Wolverine.

Erin said...

I thought the movie sounded ok. It will be a 'rental' for me. The mixed reviews are what always throw me off. Do I go see it or do I wait? Hmmm...

I have a picture of Rylee literally "flipping" over and doing the "do it again" voice that was really "say it again....Mufassa" from the Lion King. BTW, no idea how to spell so phonetics work for me.

MN Mom said...

Hope Jon got over his tummy ache. I haven't seen him consume any sugar in months, must have caught up with him all at once.