Today when I was opening up a new pack of Q-tips, I actually took the time to read the back of the packaging. Did you know Q-tips could be used for other things... (I'm using my sarcastic voice here)... like cleaning your computer keyboard or (my personal favorite) the grout in your shower? It's gonna take a lot of Q-tips for that job! No disrespect - I love the Q-tip. Though using it for nail polish snafus seems a more practical usage than cleaning the entire bathroom.
It also reminded me of one of my favorite movie exchanges from Six Days, Seven Nights...
Anne Heche (upon learning they've crashed and the landing gear is damaged): "Can't you fix it?"
Harrison Ford: "Sure. I'll like glue it back on."
AH: "Aren't you one of those guys?"
HF: "What guys?"
AH: "You know those guy guys. Those guys with skills."
HF: "Skills?"
AH: "Yeah, you send them out into the wilderness with a pocketknife and a Q-tip and they build you a shopping mall. You can't do that?"
HF: "No, I can't do that. But I can do this (making a popping noise with his finger in his mouth). Does that help?" :)
3 comments:
If I employed a small army of cleaning mice (like the kind Cinderella had to help her), I would give each one a supply of q-tips and let them go to town on the grout. But because I don't have a pack of minature minions, I will probably never use q-tips to clean a single thing in my house. Except my ears.
Loved that sceen in Six Days Seven Nights! In fact I loved all the sceens! Q-tips have their place but grout??? I don't think so!
Wow, you must have been in really bad shape to be reading the Qtip box! Still, maybe that suggestion for cleaning grout was meant as a joke for those of us in desparate shape who DO read the Q-tip packaging!
Post a Comment